Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here we are- who we are.

I'm Maggie- on the left. Charly, my sister, is two years old.

I'm highly evolved, protective, and concerned. I'm demanding, but not in a selfish sense; I know what should happen, when it should happen, and how it should happen. I can't stand a power vacuum.

Much of our life takes place in the bedroom of our Person. Charly sleeps on the bed. I sleep on a dog bed in the corner. We have a 35-minute walk that we take almost every day. Same route. Every once in a while, our Person tries to change it. I bark about it at first, but usually I give in. I don't want Charly concerned about the inconsistency. She flows more easily with it than I do.

We eat between 6:00 and 6:20 a.m., when I wake up our Person. We used to eat again at 5:00 p.m., but I've managed to move that up to 4:00 or 4:30. I let our Person know when it's time. There's usually enough water in our dish in the kitchen, but if there's not, I bark, and our Person takes care of it. Barking works for me in a lot of ways.

No comments: