Friday, August 15, 2008

Maggie and Charly on barking

I'm conflicted about barking. I want to bark and I want to please, but part of pleasing is doing my job, and on some level, it feels like my job is barking.

I didn't wake up one morning and think, "Maybe I should bark." By the time I identified it as a behavior, it was a part of me. Our Person can't stand it. I can't think of one time I barked (except for asking for food or water) when it actually accomplished anything except irritating our Person..

It did feel right to me though, which is why I have a certain empathy for John Edwards. With respect to evolution, there's no reason for me to go uber-protective and
"bark like a maniac," as our Person describes it. Likewise, there's no reason, procreatively, for John Edwards to be wandering, straying, sowing, all that. It must feel to him the way barking feels to me: natural in the moment, but ultimately amounting to nothing more than frenzied chaos. And it irritates people.
-Maggie


Rielle bark like me. on the video shes not sure what shes barking about but john edwards is barking and that makes her bark. i dont understand politics she said me either but sometimes if theres barking then you just start doing it too. and then the other dog stops barking but it takes a while till you figure out that the barking is over and you feel embarrassed and go to your room that's what i do usually.
-Charly

1 comment:

raymond pert said...

Lately my intestines have been barking.